How the Having a Mary Heart DVD Study works
While the Bible is always the core of Joanna’s studies, the books are meant to provide the structure. For this study, each participant will need:
- Book, Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life
- Study Guide, Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: the Study Guide
Each week, the DVD teaching session and study guide homework enhances (rather than repeats) the corresponding reading assignment in the book.
The Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World DVD Study Pack includes:
- Ten-week study features 18- to 22-minute video teaching sessions taught by Joanna. (See other formats below.)
- Nine “Word Time” short videos featuring practical tools for deeper study of scripture. (view sample.)
- A copy of the participant Study Guide designed to help members engage with Scripture and each other in meaningful ways. (Can be purchased separately. See sample.)
- Downloadable Leader Guide with outlines and suggestions for leading weekly meetings.
- An optional Retreat Guide that turns DVD sessions into a special weekend event filled with engaging features and fun activities. Participant UPDATED Retreat Journal available as well.
- Optional weekly memory verses and other downloadables. (See “Resources“.)
- Promotional material for both the study and retreat. (See “Resources“.)
VISIT “RESOURCES“ for promotional material, guides, and downloadables for both study and retreat option.
(Learn more about the retreat options included in all of Joanna’s studies at “How to Turn a DVD Study Into a Special Event.”)
Other Study Formats:
- Expand to 11- or 12-Weeks (details in Leader Guide)
- See “Book-and-DVD-Only” option below
- 6-Week Study
- Book Club
- DVD Gathering
- Retreat Option (in sidebar)
Book-and-DVD-Only Study Option
Using the book and study guide together is the best way to get the most out of the study. But if budget is an issue, the “Book-and-DVD-Only Study” option combines the DVD teaching sessions with the original study found in the back of the book.
Each participant needs a copy of the book and a binder with the following items:
Leaders will also need:
(Refer to DVD Study Leader Guide for helpful tips as well as fun and meaningful activities to use in your time together.)
Click to view IMPORTANT updates or corrections to curriculum or “Book-and-DVD-Only” Study.Resource Updates